Last updated: (v1) 14 Nov 2021
Changes to This Policy
We may change this Policy from time to time. If we make any changes to this Policy, we will change the “last updated” date above. If there are material changes to this Policy, we will notify you more directly. We encourage you to check this Policy whenever you use our Web sites and services to understand how your personal information is used.
We collect information from you in various ways when you use our Web sites and services. We may also supplement this information with information from other companies. We collect two general types of information, namely personal information, and aggregate data. As used in this Policy, the term “personal information” means information that specifically identifies an individual (such as a name and email address), and demographic and other information when directly linked to information that can identify an individual.
Our definition of personal information does not include “aggregate” data. Aggregate data is information we collect about a group or category of services or users from which individual user identities have been removed. In other words, no personal information is included in aggregate data. Aggregate data helps us understand trends in our users’ needs so that we can better consider new features or otherwise tailor our services. This Policy in no way restricts or limits our collection and use of aggregate data, and we may share aggregate data about our users with third parties for various purposes, including to help us better understand our customer needs and improve our services and for advertising and marketing purposes.
The following are the specific types of information we collect from you.
- Information You Give Us. We collect information you give us on our Web site and when you register for and use our services. Examples include the following:
- Registration and Profile Information. When you register to use our services or update your profile, we may collect various kinds of information about you including, your name and email address; your title, company, and other profile information you provide; demographic information; and information you upload like photos, files, and documents.
- Submissions and Customer Service. From time to time we may use surveys, contests or sweepstakes requesting personal or demographic information and customer feedback.
- Automatically Collected Information. We automatically receive certain types of information when you interact with our Web pages, Services and communications. For example, it is standard for your Web browser to automatically send information to every Web site you visit, including ours. That information includes your computer’s IP address, access times, your browser type and language, and referring Web site addresses. We may also collect information about the type of operating system you use, your account activity, and files and pages accessed or used by you.
For example, you may not be able to sign in and access certain Web page features or services. A Web beacon is an electronic image, also called a “gif,” that may be used on our Web pages to deliver cookies, count visits and compile statistics on usage and campaign effectiveness or in our emails to tell if an email has been opened and acted upon.
Use of Personal Information
- In general, we use your personal information to process your requests or transactions, to provide you with information or services you request, to inform you about other information, events, promotions, products, or services we think will be of interest to you, to facilitate your use of, and our administration and operation of, the Web site and services and to otherwise serve you and our users. For example, we may use your personal information:
- To request feedback and to enable us to develop, customize and improve the Web site and our publications, products, and services.
- To conduct marketing analysis, to send you surveys or newsletters, to contact you about services, products, activities, special events or offers from IBS or our partners and for other marketing, informational, product or service development and promotional purposes.
- To send you a welcoming email and to contact you about your use of the Web site and services; to respond to your emails, submissions, comments, requests, or complaints; to perform after-sales services; to anticipate and resolve problems with our service; to respond to customer support inquiries, for assistance with our product and service development; and to inform you of updates to products and services from IBS that better meet your needs.
- To send and receive order and inventory information from third-party websites in which you have an account for the purposes of the services of our websites.
- To contact you if you win a contest; and for other purposes about which we notify you.
Sharing of Personal Information
IBS does not control the services of those third parties or how they use your information and documents. Be sure to review the terms and the privacy policies of those third parties before using their services.
Network and Information Security
IBS takes reasonable steps to protect information we collect from you to prevent loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. In addition, highly confidential personal information such as password that we request from you on our Web site is protected with encryption, such as Secured Socket Layer (SSL) protocol, during transmission over the Internet.
The servers on which information is stored are kept in a controlled environment with limited access. While we take reasonable efforts to guard personal information, we knowingly collect directly from you, no security system is impenetrable. In addition, we cannot guarantee that any passively collected personal information you choose to store on our systems are maintained at adequate levels of protection to meet specific needs or obligations you may have relating to that information.
Your account information and access to our service is accessible only using an individual user ID and password. To protect the confidentiality of personal information, you must keep your password confidential and not disclose it to any other person. Please advise us immediately if you believe your password has been misused. In addition, always logout and close your browser when you finish your session. Please note that we will never ask you to disclose your password in an unsolicited phone call or email.
Updating and Accessing Personal Information
If your personal information changes in any way, we invite you to correct or update your information as soon as possible. You can make updates to your profile information by logging into your account on IBS at any time. You can also request changes or access to your information by emailing email@example.com
IBS may send you communications or data regarding our Web sites and services, including but not limited to (i) notices about your use of our Web sites and services, including any notices concerning violations of use, (ii) updates, and (iii) promotional information and materials regarding our products and services. You may opt-out of receiving promotional emails from IBS by following the opt-out instructions provided in those emails. Opt-out requests will not apply to transactional service messages, such as security alerts and notices about your current account and services.
If you have any questions about this Policy, you should first contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Any questions about this Policy should be addressed to email@example.com.